Saturday, July 15, 2006

Stampede




Each year, millions of visitors from around the world come to Calgry to participate in the annual event, the Calgary Stampede ,which is the greatest outdoor show on earth and Exhibition. It has lots of programs such as a real rodeo, a midway (amusement park), concerts, chuckwagon races and more. Calgary Stampede festivites begin with a downtown parade July 7; unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to see it. However, I saw it on TV and also saw it last year. Everythign was very colourful such as people's clothes, old cars, variety of floats and many other things. I saw lots of horses with different jockeies like Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Scottish soldiers, aboriginal people, and hockey players. Beside, I saw dancing and hear variety of music. The word dancing remembers me a memorable day in Stampede. One day that I went for Stampede, I saw people were doing square dancing and I stop to watch them; suddenly, a very nice man asked me to dance with them. I felt embarrassed because I didn't know what to do, but I tried to do my best and it was a great experience. Anyway, I think parade and Stampede are great programs.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Scott Douglas said...

That's so nice that someone asked you to dance a square dance. I am sure you must be a good dancer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home